Do you have questions? We are fairly certain that you do. So where do you find answers?
First, before contacting us, please try the following...
Please note that we no longer respond to certain types of questions that can be answered by looking around the site or by visiting the yahoo group for help. One of the goals of the co-op is community and shared responsibility, so by taking advantage of other resources and educating one another everyone benefits.
1. Have you asked a friend in the group? This should always be your starting point. Not sure where to find something on the site? Not sure when an order is due? Most of our members become members through existing members, though not always. We rely on our current members helping get newbies up and running.
2. Have you looked at the pertinent areas of the website?
For instance, do you want to know how much beef you may get if you order a quarter and how much it will cost, along with a general idea about the types of cuts? Then check out the vault. Your previous buying history? The vault. Need to know how to make stock? Try the resource recipes area.
3. Have you joined the members only yahoo group? One-hundred people can do a much better job of quickly answering your questions than the main group leaders. The yahoo group is designed to be a place that new and old members alike can educate and help one another, split cases of items for certain orders, recommend items, and more.
You can join the yahoo group here.
Also, if a question appears especially common or helpful to the group, we will post an answer at the yahoo group for everyone to benefit from. So putting questions there helps others who often have the same questions.
As an aside, if you have a lot of broader health related questions, you should consider joining Yahoo's native nutritions group. Many people at that group are experts on various areas, and with thousands of members, NN is sure to have someone who will be able to provide a good bit of information on a particular question.
4. Last, if the above don't work, feel free to drop us an email. We are here to help our members, but we also want our members to help themselves and help others. What we want is community, sharing of knowledge and resources from the least to greatest of our members.
Now, on to the most commonly asked questions.
1. Is there a cost to join WLC?
2. How do I order?
After becoming a member by going through the membership process outlined in the about section, you may begin to order. Make sure you download and use the master order form for all your orders unless otherwise stated (like for the chicken order).
If you do not have excel, we encourage you to download open office, a free office suite that includes excellent versions of word, excel, powerpoint, etc... Again, it is completely free and will save you (and us) a great deal of time.
Fill out the master order form with the information from the particular companies, catalogs, and farms we order form (see the examples at the bottom of the master order form posted on the site for help).
A few tips...
a. Make sure you group what you order. That is, put all your Frontier stuff together, all your cheese together, etc... on the form.
b. Make sure you include all the necessary info.
3. When will my order(s) arrive?
Anywhere between 4 and 20 days, but usually sooner than later, though numerous factors affect such things. Some orders come with pre-announced pickup dates that you must attend or face penalties (such as when fresh chickens come in or beef. The group does not have space to store hundreds of pounds of meat for multiple members).